Sunward Cohousing is located on 20 acres with woods and pond in west Ann Arbor. There are 40 units housing 100 people, a third of which are children. Homes are clustered in the center so that members cross paths. Parking is intentionally located on the periphery without through traffic for the safety of pedestrians and home owners. There’s privacy when you need it, and social contact when you want it.
We are a community of close to 90 people of all ages. We are families, singles, young folks, retirees, and children. We are people who like to be with people. We are artisans and gardeners, doctors and engineers, educators and entrepreneurs and more. We come from diverse cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, and spiritual and secular paths. We are bound by our commitment to live together in community.
Why live at Sunward?
- Belong to a caring intergenerational community
- Meal Program: 1-2 community meals a week (optional)
- Impromptu social encounters and planned social events
- Great neighbors!
- Self-governed: Everyone involved in decision making
- Proximity to Ann Arbor and Dexter
- Public transportation available with own bus stop
- 10 minute drive to Ann Arbor town center
- Surrounded by Nature:
- 2 Ponds with overlooking benches
- Trails and a wooded area with fire pit, wigwam, and hammock
- Soccer field and landscaped areas
- Hoop house and generous garden plots for growing produce
- Playground with swings, play structure, and sandbox
- Full service Common House available to all residents:
- Large kitchen and dining room
- Fireplace room
- Wood shop
- Media TV room
- Exercise room
- Overnight guest rooms (by donation)
- Children’s play rooms
- Game room (pool table)
- Laundry room (free)