Sunward cohousing is ideal for parents with children looking for a loving and safe community to raise their kids.
- Sunward is an architecturally unique and stunningly beautiful 20 acre neighborhood located in Scio Township on the edge of the countryside, yet close to Ann Arbor downtown, shopping, freeways, parks, schools, recreation, and events.
- Children have freedom to explore and play in Sunward’s abundant natural areas that include a Ten Acre Hickory/Oak Woods, earth lodge, and a large historic post and beam Red Barn. To the south lies our prairie and two ponds that connect to Honey Creek. Walking trails and bridges abound to explore the area and connect to the two other cohousing communities.
- Sunward kids spend a lot of time in our many outdoor play areas that include a playground with non-toxic play structure, sturdy swings, climbing trees, and a large sand box. We also have a large grassy play field, a half basketball court, and many bike and walkways safe from traffic.
- Sunward has a spacious sunlit Common House that features large children’s romp room, teen game room, media room, exercise room, large kitchen dining facility, and guest rooms for visiting relatives.
- Many FUN activities are available for children and families including Nature Classes, Yoga, Campfires, Fishing, Bird watching, Movie & Game Nights, Celebrations, Drum Circles and more! The Huron Swim & Tennis Club property adjoins Sunward to the North and many residents are members.
- Our friendly community members are diverse in many ways and include doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, social workers, educators, musicians, writers, and artisans. They are eager to share their skills and knowledge with our youth. The expanded neighborhood of all three cohousing communities is home to over 60 children of all ages.